Image Map

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

presents

A few weeks back I had my eighteenth birthday and my friends & family (being the super awesome people that they are) managed to seriously fulfill my need for materialistic things. The gifts they got me were amazing, I felt so spoiled!

First off I got some necklaces,

Photo of a big bunny  rabbit!

And then some books both old and new, all of which I've been dying to read lately! I'm currently paging through Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.

Photo of a big bunny  rabbit!
Photo of a big bunny  rabbit!

And last of all I got a vintage 1920s (working!) camera. I haven't touched it yet 'cause I'm petrified I'll break it but I can't wait till I actually get the courage to take some pictures.

Photo of a big bunny  rabbit!
Photo of a big bunny  rabbit!
Photo of a big bunny  rabbit!

Oh and here are some pretty things I thrifted this past Saturday:

Photo of a big bunny  rabbit!
Photo of a big bunny  rabbit!

How have you all been holding up lately? I know things around here have been pretty jumpy (the blog even decided to crash for a few hours this morning) but things are back on track & I'm super excited for something I've got lined up for the next day or so. It's a little feature I haven't had on here before (:

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, i really want to read 'Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close' too. Is it good so far? :)

    ♥mollie from musicandmollie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Le premier collier est magnifique *.*

    Bonne continuation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh don't worry, that camera can't be broken so easily! If it survived since the 1920's, chances are you won't do it much harm. Actually I happened to find a fairly similar one myself - I gave it to a friend who was very enthusiastic about it, since I had some doubts as to whether or not it will work. She was braver than I: she put some film thru it and surprise surprise, the results came out really good! Oh, and she also invested in an old fashioned light meter (THAT helped a lot as opposed to just guessing the exposure...) The only catch is that it takes 220 film instead of 120. Have fun with it!

    Oh, and here's the camera in question:

    http://cybercandy.tumblr.com/post/22060242345/vintage-camera-love-3-december-2011

    http://cybercandy.tumblr.com/post/22060177617/vintage-camera-love-2-december-2011

    http://cybercandy.tumblr.com/post/22056319509/vintage-camera-love-1-december-2011

    ReplyDelete