Image Map

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Bell Jar

I don't know if it's just my incessant need to organize things but I always want to group facts and ideas in my brain. Am I the only one?

Anyway what I'm getting at is that I like to come up with equivalent cities. Not making any sense? Well look at it this way: in my mind London is the equivalent New York of England and vice versa.

I always try to find equivalent cities for Cape Town and the one that always seems to stick is San Francisco. I don't know if it's just the generally relaxed atmosphere, it's proximity to the ocean, the amount of hipster/indie people or its mutual acceptance of all creeds of people.

I might be talking absolute crap but this is just the way my brain works. What this whole rant is about is that whenever I see creative projects come out of San Francisco I feel a sort of attachment to it 'cause you know it's my equivalent city. God, I need sleep.

I think this is all why I am so utterly and completely enamoured with the latest lookbook of San Franciscan based boutique, Bell Jar.

Photo of a big bunny  rabbit!
Photo of a big bunny  rabbit!
Photo of a big bunny  rabbit!
Photo of a big bunny  rabbit!
Photo of a big bunny  rabbit!
Photo of a big bunny  rabbit!
Photo of a big bunny  rabbit!

3 comments:

  1. Oh i totally know what you mean about equivalent cities! I always group Auckland, New Zealand as being like Sydney, Australia, and Wellington being like Melbourne. I think a lot of people would agree with that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, I totally know what you mean! I do the same thing for towns and smaller cities too. I'm glad to hear you think San Francisco is your equivalent city :) It's such a great city and BellJar is a really lovely shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally do that too! I've always paired San Francisco and Cape Town.

    ReplyDelete